SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY
- The judge can only judge what they can see. It is ideal to zoom in when you are far from the camera, so that the judge can see your moves. Please ensure that the horse and rider entire are always within frame in entirety, as described below (failure to do so can lead to elimination).
- Ensure the horse and rider are in the frame at all times (for example, the horse’s head, the horse’s nose, the horse’s tail, the horse’s hooves and above the riders hat).
- Your video must have sound and no cuts. Start your video at least 2 seconds before you enter the arena and end 2 seconds after leaving the arena.
- Ensure that the video is taken from the Judge’s point of view, (at dressage letter C unless it is explicitly specified differently on the test page).
- No videos of ‘judged tests’ can be submitted. This means that no videos of live shows or judged shows are allowed to be submitted. Your ride must be un-judged.
- The riding arena/course set up must be the correct size/set up as stipulated for the test (please refer to test details). Failure to do so can cause elimination.
- You may have a caller for dressage classes only but they are only allowed to read instructions on the test sheet. Any riding instruction will result in the entry being eliminated.
- Your video must be clear, non-blurry (720p) and of good quality. You can use your mobile phone/camera/GoPro/any recording device to record your test. Sound must be recorded. Less than 64mb.
- If your video is too big to upload directly; try uploading it to YouTube here or Vimeo here and enter the URL with your entry form). For more help on uploading to these platforms;– Click here to upload on YouTube
– Click here to upload on Vimeo
– Instructions and help for YouTube
– Instructions and help with Vimeo
- Any video that Equi-Show views as unsuitable, cruel, inappropriate or poor quality will be rejected.
- Entries submitted without proof of payment by closing date will be rejected.
- Failure to adhere to the above video-specifications may lead to elimination without refund.
- You may only submit one rider/horse combination video per class. 1 entry form, per 1 class entry. If you are entering more than one class for this month, or are entering the same class with a different horse/rider combination, please create a separate entry for each.
TACK, DRESS & HORSEMANSHIP
- Non-mechanical bitless bridles are allowed in all classes, across all disciplines and levels.
- No deemed unkindness such as excessive spurring or whipping. This will lead to instant elimination. At all times, judges will be looking for a partnership with the horse where the rider encourages the horse to perform happily and without excessive force or poor communication.
- Visibly unwell, lame or injured horses will be eliminated.
- In order to give everyone a chance to compete and to try out other disciplines, some classes will carry a special dispensation for tack. If this applies to the discipline you would like to compete in, this will be stated on the relevant test page. Note: Non-mechanical bitless bridles are allowed across disciplines.
- No show attire is mandatory for any of the disciplines, however you must be wearing the appropriate clothing for your class, be clean and tidy, well groomed and be wearing protective headgear and footwear with a suitable heel.
- A hard hat is always advised. Children under 18 are required to wear a hard hat for all classes. Adults may wear Stetsons for western classes.
- Rosettes will be awarded to the highest placed horse and rider combinations dependent on the number of starters per class. Rosettes: 2-8 entries = 1st and 2nd place rosettes / 9-15 entries = 1st, 2nd and 3rd rosettes / 16+ entries = 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place rosettes / 20+ entries = 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place rosettes
- It is your responsibility to ensure your details including your delivery address / email address is correct, in order to receive your rosettes/scoresheets.
- The Judges decision is final.
- You are unable to request a particular judge (except for online mini lessons) as each judge will judge an entire class. The judge may change month to month but they we only have one judge per class.
- We respect our judges space & time. Please do not contact the judges directly but refer all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rider/competitor/owner is responsible for reading and adhering to the video rules and the T’s & C’s of Equi-Show. Failure to do so may result in elimination.
- By using this site you give permission for cookies. Cookies allow websites to offer a personalised experience, such as remembering a user’s preferences.
- It is up to the individual to ensure that their horse/pony is fit and healthy to compete. The competitor undertakes not submit any horse/pony to the show who is unwell, not fit to work, lame or medically unable in any way.
- Riders with disabilities may compete in all classes at own risk.
- By submitting a video entry, you agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of Equi-show. Neither the rider and/or his legal guardian agree that neither Equi-Show nor the relevant Discipline Association, the venue/club, the organisers, owners, officials or their employees or representatives will be held responsible for any loss, damage, theft of injury sustained by horses/ponies, riders, spectators or their property.
- Late entries will not be accepted and videos received after close of entries will be rejected without refund.
- Equi-Show video entries are restricted to 1 horse/rider combination per class.
- A horse/rider combination may enter up to 2 levels per discipline. as long as the Levels are consecutive. eg. Level 1 + Level 2 or Level 5 + Level 6.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email from Equi-Show within 1 week of entering, it is your responsibility to ensure that both your entry form and video has been received. Please check with us at email@example.com.
- Equi-Show has the right to refuse any video. Once submitted, videos are the property of Equi-Show.
- Equi-Show is not liable for any costs as a result of infringements by third parties / competitors or the public. Copyright laws apply.
- All persons ride or compete at their own risk and will have no claim against Equi-Show, including any officials, judges, employees/contractors, members, show holding body or sponsors for any damage, loss of property, death or injury of persons suffering during or in connection with this event from any cause whatsoever. No minor may participate in this event without the permission of his or her guardian, who indemnifies Equi-Show (including all other persons and bodies) against any such claims by such minors.
- Equi-Show operates under South Africa Jurisdiction – . These terms will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.Copyright laws must be adhered. Equi-Show, its customers, employees, partners or individuals, will not be liable for for any costs as a result of infringement by any competitors or third parties.
- All intellectual property (IP) rights are the property exclusively of Equi-Show.com and cannot be modified.
Full Ts and Cs: Press arrow to expand
FULL T’S & C’S
Use Of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases/entries and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. Deep-linking, embedding or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
1. Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
2. Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
When you click to make a purchase with us legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. Once a video has been submitted and payment has been made you may not cancel the order. In the event of purchasing any merchandise offered on our site from time to time if you would like to cancel your order you must request a refund from the call centre. Please note that you will be liable for 35% restocking fee and the shipping cost to send the item back. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website. We are not responsible for delayed deliveries caused by any problems which may arise due to the importation of goods. This includes, but is not limited to suppliers delaying orders, customs detaining shipments, acts of God, Revenue Service inspections, customs inspections, Port Health inspections or flight delays. This means that if an order is delayed, the customer is not entitled to a refund. Delivery estimates are only estimates. Refunds will be made at the discretion of the company. After 45 working days from payment date refunds will be considered. Please do not purchase if you do not agree to these conditions. Further to this, if delivery is made and you are not available at the address and/or your phone number is not working – resulting in the shipment been returned to Equi-Show – the customer will be liable for shipping costs due to non delivery.
Refunds on merchandise only
Should you for any reason wish to cancel your purchase you will be liable for all shipping costs that may arise, caused by the shipping of the requested item back to the original seller. An additional cost of 35% handling fee will also be charged. You must advise us in writing of your cancellation and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original purchase. Refunds are subject to the supplier authorising the return. All return requests must be made under 48 hours from delivery. Items of a personal nature cannot be returned (Jewellery, clothing, etc). Only items that are unopened in their original packaging may be returned. Not all returns or cancellation requests will be granted.
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). We accept credit card payments via the website and on request will supply our banking details should you wish to make payment via EFT or Direct Deposit.
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
2. Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
3. The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
4. Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
When you visit Equi-Show.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Equi-Show.com or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Equi-Show.com and protected by international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Equi-Show.com or its software suppliers and protected international copyright laws.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Equi-Show.com does sell services/products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card. If you are under 18, you may use Equi-Show.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Equi-Show.com and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Restrictions – Only users of 18 years or older are allowed to use services of this website, – Equi-Show.com only accepts users who are willing to submit complete personal information (according to Equi-Show.com forms) and have a genuine interest in shopping online.
Except where noted otherwise, the Price displayed for products or services on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product or service itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item or service offered elsewhere. The price is a comparative price estimate and may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day.
Equi-Show reserves the right to cancel an entry at any time.
All videos and content belong to Equi-Show.com on submission. If you would like to request that your video is not shared on social media / the website or any other form of communication, you can request it on firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not guarenteed.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY EQUI-SHOW.COM ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EQUI-SHOW.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, EQUI-SHOW.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Equi-Show.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM Equi-Show.COM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Equi-Show.COM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
ALL WARRENTIES ARE HELD WITH THE MANUFACTURER OF THE ITEM, AS Equi-Show.COM ONLY HANDLES THE SHIPPING OF ITEMS, AND NOT THE SALE OF ITEMS.
NEITHER Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com), NOR IT’S DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, SUPPLIERS, JUDGES, PARTNERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY SOUTH AFRICAN LAW, Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, SUPPLIERS, JUDGES, PARTNERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com), ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, JUDGES OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) WEBSITE, OUR SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). THE LIABILITY OF Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com), ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, SUPPLIERS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO R500.00.
Equi-Show.com only allows the usage of one coupon or voucher during checkout. A coupon / voucher may only be redeemed once per customer.
Equi-Show.com has the right to review, decline, and limit any coupon / voucher if fraud or coupon/ voucher abuse is evident.
Equi-Show.com grants you a limited license to access the Equi-Show.com website however any changes to the site, without prior notice and written concent are not allowed.
This license does not permit any resale or commercial use of the Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
The Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) website or any portion of the Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) website, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com).
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Equi-Show (www.Equi-Show.com) and our affiliates without prior written consent.